LEGAZPI CITY, Nov. 7 (PNA) -- Police operatives were placed on alert on Monday following a possible bomb threat report in shopping malls, parks and schools in Albay by a still unknown terror group, the Philippine National Police (PNP) in Albay said.
The bomb threat, which circulated by text message on Sunday, prompted the Albay police force to refer and validate the report to other police and military intelligence units across Bicol, according to Chief Insp. Arthur Gomez, spokesperson of the Albay Provincial Police Office.
He said although the bomb scare report is still being validated “we have deployed additional uniformed as well as civilian clothed police personnel to man vital installations in the province.”
Gomez said the vital installations include roads, bridges, communication towers, transport terminals, shopping malls, schools and public parks.
The bomb threat message, which was received by media reporters, was quoted as saying “Our attack sa Nov. 9-11, 2016, nagpakalat na kami ng bomba sa mga malls ng Legazpi at Daraga. Pasasabogin naming ang Rizal Park at Ibalon Central School. (Our attack will be on Nov. 9-11. We have distributed bombs in malls in Legazpi and Daraga. We will bomb Rizal Park and Ibalon Central School) Be ready Albay, be ready for our attack.”
The message came from a mobile phone with the number 09263435575, Gomez said.
He said they have checked the given number but the phone just kept on ringing.
Earlier in September this year, a bomb scare also circulated in this city that advised the public to be vigilant in going to commercial malls for possible bombs planted in these establishments.
Gomez said the National Bureau of Investigation in Legazpi found the threat to be a hoax. (PNA) LAP/GVR/MSA/EDS