DIMASALANG, Masbate, May 30 (PNA) -- A fire ate up two houses in the residential area in Barangay Poblacion, Dimasalang town in Masbate on Monday morning but no one was reportedly harmed.
A police report said the fire of still undetermined origin burned the house of Raul Arnau and Dennis Aliño located near the Roman Catholic church here.
The fire, which started at around 10 a.m., sent people in the area helping one another to control the fire and prevent it from reaching other houses, as the firetruck of Dimasalang town was out of service during the incident because the hose malfunctioned and could not spill out water.
Firetrucks from Cataingan ang Placer towns arrived several minutes after the fire started to become more intense.
The privately-owned Gemjoy Construction Services near the area also helped in controlling the fire and was the first to supply water to be used by the residents.
The Masbate City Fire Department also deployed three firetrucks in the town but the fire at that time was already controllable.
The fire was declared out around 11:30 a.m. (PNA) LAP/FGS/NBT/cbd